Friday 2 November 2007

CS?

So I'm in the "supermarket" on FRI trying to find CREAMED COCONUT, whatever that is. I'm looking and looking for a can, pouch, etc. of creamed coconut, and given that there are only about 5 aisles in the store, I'm pretty sure I'm in the right vicinity-- canned fruit and veg, soups and a couple of other categories that it could easily fit into. (Of course, I have never heard of or seen CC in my life.)


After my 4 year old starts to point to the various typed of canned pinapple (chunks, crushed, rings, in syrup, in water . . . you get the picture) and tell me he's found CC, I finally break down and ask a woman in store garb if she knows where it is. She asks a coworker up front at a cash register, who confirms that I am basically in the right place for where it used to be, but she is not sure if they still carry it. So, helper #1, comes back to my aisle, does a cursory check, to no avail, then says something to give me the impression that she is going to get more info for me . . .


WRONG!


I look up a couple of minutes later and she's sitting at the register next to helpful (but unfortunately tied to the register) woman ringing people up-- good thing I didn't wait for her to return, eh.


BTW, if you're ever looking for CC for the first time, it's in a little- maybe 2"x4"- package about the size of a pack of cigs, and feels like there's a block of hardened wax inside. I have yet to open it to see what I ended up searching so painstakingly for and eventually finding plenty of in the next two stalls I visited while buying other things on my list-- live and learn, eh.


Must be a Jamaican thang ;-)

No comments: